Friday 25 February 2011

Paul

I just got back after finally watching Paul at the cinema. I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. I was a little worried from the trailer that it wouldn't hold up to Spaced, Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz, but Pegg & Frost carried forward their love of all things geek with the charm that we have come to expect from them. As such the film had lots of cute moments to make the fanboys squeal with delight (one actually did at the Aliens line!) whilst not alienating (pun intended) any non-nerds in the audience. I never had to explain anything for my wife to be able to follow what was happening. From Paul miming being gay to the star destoyer shot there are plenty of jokes to satisfy nerds and normals alike.

My only question at the end was:
What is the next genre to get the Pegg/Frost treatment?
Personally, I'm hoping for a spagetti western.

No comments:

Post a Comment